Wednesday, September 21, 2011

London


Upon my recent trip to London, I made a good few worthy observations that I don’t think most stores here have picked up on just yet. Okay, so they all know about color blocking but that was being spoken about last summer season anyway, so no points for that one. I was actually surprised that it was still so big for Summer 2011. Nevertheless, this is the case, so big, bright and bold, and don’t be afraid to wear clashing colours ala the pic in my previous blog post.



Image courtesy of topshop.com
Image courtesy of Stellashops
The trend I am excited about is 70’s glam, and I proved my allegiance to it by buying a pair of denim bellbottoms and serious platforms whilst abroad. I cannot wait. I, for one, am sick of skinny jeans. They’ve been around way too long and they are not really as friendly to girls of my hippy proportions. This new trend will see me looking shapelier and taller – yeah and yeah! With this look go blouses with waist ties and large shades and hoops. Luckily I have all these in my closet, so with the platforms and jeans I am trend ready.  I’d advise buying a pair of neutral platforms to wear with this trend as well as tie in with any colour blocking look.



On the jewellery front, there’s a strong push towards pieces featuring animals, and more than that of the saffer designers who are quite partial to doves and rabbits. I most like the big cats, (think Maisson Panthere de Cartier for peasants).
Image courtesy of Cartier

I didn’t mind the linked elephant necklaces. I even spotted some pighead rings and bangles, hmmmmmm….those were too much for me. I would side with the Muslims on this one.  There was the cutest monkey ring at Topshop that I wore for the full hour I was in there, till, I decided that it may just be novelty and we all know what happens with that… I wish my winter weight had the same effect, then I’d be able to wear the cheeky shorts with high waists that I spotted around. Remnants of a skinny summer in London.

It looks so cute on! Wrapped around your finger and looking up at you. Image courtesy of Topshop



The black and very grim looking long pleated skirts seen this winter get replaced by pretty coral or green ones. I searched and searched but didn’t manage to grab myself one of these. Best paired with a simple fitted tee or short tent vest.

Animal prints also huger than I thought, if you are like me and feel like a fresh divorcee in a tiger print dress, then go for a printed scarf instead.



It’s my civil duty to mention that palazzo pants are huge, although I will not be wearing them. For those of you who are lucky to be built like rakes, go wild with these fun, flirty pants this season.

As a parting shot, Id like to mention the cheeky shorts were often paired with patterned sheer pantyhose. My fave was when worn with polka dot hose. Check out the pic I sneaked on the tube. Till next time…remember…ornate is awesome J

No comments:

Post a Comment